5 Sept 2012

IBWO: Michelle Obama



With her moving speech at the 2012 Democratic National Convention in Charlotte, Michelle Obama is definitely our IBWO, Inspiring Black WOman of the week.

Best bits:


"And every semester, he [Michelle's dad] was determined to pay that bill right on time, even taking out loans when he fell short. He was so proud to be sending his kids to college . . . and he made sure we never missed a registration deadline because his check was late. You see, for my dad, that’s what it meant to be a man."

 ". . . because for Barack, success isn’t about how much money you make, it’s about the difference you make in people’s lives."

"And I didn’t think it was possible, but today, I love my husband even more than I did four years ago . . . even more than I did 23 years ago, when we first met."


"I love that we can trust Barack to do what he says he’s going to do, even when it’s hard – especially when it’s hard."


"And I love that even in the toughest moments, when we’re all sweating it – when we’re worried that the bill won’t pass, and it seems like all is lost – Barack never lets himself get distracted by the chatter and the noise."


Full speech transcript in the Financial Times and video on Youtube.

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...